Cruise tours of Italy combine a Mediterranean or Greek Islands cruise with a land tour of Venice, Florence or Rome, including stays in hotels convenient to top sights and attractions. On the land tour, you will travel by train or motor coach and may see sights like: St. Marks’s Cathedral, Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, Trevi Fountain, St Peter’s Square, the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel, the Duomo and Santa Croce Cathedral. On most cruise tours of Italy, the land portion is first and the cruise portion follows. In each city, you’ll have some guided sightseeing and some time to explore on your own.
Cruise tours in Italy are available from May through October and can last from 10 to 18 nights.
Below are guidelines of what is typically included and excluded on a cruise tour. Every cruise tour is unique. Always verify the details of the trip you select with your Vacations To Go cruise counselor.
The land tour portion will include:
- Hotel or resort accommodations
- Train, bus or flight transportation between tour destinations
- Transfers and baggage handling
- Tour guide
- Some meals and drinks
The cruise portion of your trip will include:
- 7 to 14-night Mediterranean or Greek Islands cruise
- Accommodations onboard
- All meals onboard including 24-hour room service but excluding specialty restaurant dining
- Coffee, tea, milk, juice, non-bottled water
- Entertainment, casinos, Broadway-style shows
- Onboard activities, fitness center, pools
- Kids programming on most ships
Your cruise tour WILL NOT include:
- Shore excursions
- Spa treatments or gaming
- Beer, wine, spirits or bottled water